Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Froyo, Please.

As you may know by now, I love ice cream. Always have. Always will. That said, I've never really been a fan of yogurt or it's frozen counterpart ("froyo" as the cool kids call it). I guess I've just never felt compelled to stray from ice cream. Until now.

A couple of weekends ago, my friend Caitlin suggested we check out MyFroYo. I had heard the name before, but that's about all I knew of the place. Not really knowing what to expect, I tagged along.

Upon entering, we were greeted by the MyFroYo peeps and asked if we had ever been there before. "Nope." So they gave us the 411. To sum it up, the shop is self-serve. You grab a container, choose your froyo flavor(s), and pull the levers yourself. (If there's any flavor debate, they are more than happy to give you a sample.) Then it's on to the toppings. And boy, do they have toppings! Candy, cookies, fruit...pretty much anything you could possibly want. You choose the amounts and add them to your froyo. The final step? Weighing in. You take your froyo creation over to the sales counter, place it on a scale, and their computer calculates the damage. At 48 cents an ounce it's not exactly cheap, but it doesn't quite break the bank either.

For my first visit, I stepped outside my comfort zone (please keep in mind that I have a very narrow comfort zone). I chose vanilla and chocolate froyo topped off with strawberries, cheesecake bites, and hot fudge. Definitely not something I expected to like. I even tried to keep the toppings separate at first because I thought they wouldn't mix well. Little did I know I had just created magic. It was so good! The froyo was fantastic. The toppings went together like Mary-Kate and Ashley. The whole experience was a pleasant surprise.

Me & my concoction
So if you're in the area and think you can handle the awesomeness, stop by MyFroYo. You'll be glad you did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails