Sunday, August 22, 2010

The GIMP

A few years ago, I took a Photoshop class. I really enjoyed it, but haven't used it since. Why? Because Photoshop is so stinkin' expensive. Even the basic Photoshop Elements version costs more than I want to spend. Yes, I know -- I'm cheap. :)

Anyways, someone in my class had mentioned the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). I hadn't really paid much attention at the time, but lately I've been considering it. The biggest attraction for me is the fact that it's FREE. I love free. So I downloaded the program earlier this afternoon from gimp.org. I haven't done much with it yet, but so far so good. The download was fast & easy, the interface is similar to the Photoshop that I remember, & there are a lot of tutorials available online. Oh, and did I mention it was FREE?

Here's a little glimpse into my GIMP experimentation. The After isn't much different than the Before, but I'm still just playing around with the program. :)

Before:


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails