Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Pillow Case


I've been experimenting with sewing for a few months now. By "experimenting" I mean that I've been trying to teach myself, but haven't gotten very far. Fast forward to now. I found a comforter on clearance (noticing a trend in my posts? I LOVE a good sale!) at Target earlier this week. The throw pillows that matched my previous comforter don't match this new one at all. Sooooo I decided to make pillowcases for them. Or at least try. As of right now, I've gotten one finished. And it took me most of the afternoon. Ha.

Anyways, here's the pillow before.


And here it is afterwards -- front and back.



Since it looked a bit plain, I made a pink belt-ish accessory for it. It's just attached with velcro so I might change it later.

Anywho, I realize that the pillowcase is far from perfect. I'm pretty excited though because it's basically my first "real" sewing project. Woo! Let's see how long it takes me to get started on pillow #2. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails