Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pumpkin

For several weeks, I have been craving pumpkin. Yes, I know what you're going to say: "silly girl, it's Spring not Fall". But if you think about it, pumpkins deserve to be loved year-round......right? That's my new theory anyways.

So I decided to try out a recipe for Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread. Now I don't know if this particular region of Maine is especially well-known for pumpkin products, but I figured that 3,483 reviews and a 5 star rating had to be a good sign. Luckily I was right. :)


Even after my multiple blunders extensive modifications (I thirded the recipe, substituted pumpkin pie spice for the nutmeg/cloves/ginger, and used a 9 x 5 pan instead of the recommended 7 x 3), it turned out really well! So moist and pumpkin-y! This is the first time I've ever made pumpkin bread, but I will definitely use this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails